Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The adventure begins...

Well, that is not quite true. I would say that this blog starts in the middle of a rather interesting life. I have done a lot of things over the years, but this is the first time I have tried blogging. I am simply not used to writing for long stretches. It is my hope that writing things gets easier over time.

This will be an experiment. This is mostly for those who have expressed interest in my next great adventure as well as for family to keep up with my goings on. I will either enjoy putting maintaining this blog, or it will peter out and wither like so many other web offerings. The hardest part for me is the fact that this will be so public. In many ways I am a private person and the fact that this is for all to see is rather disconcerting, but that may be more the reason to attempt this as I am all about expanding my horizons.

If this works, it will be a good way to keep things for posterity. My children may find my take on our adventure quite interesting.

What is our adventure? We are moving to Kuwait. Kuwait is quite a nice place, but most Americans have no concept of what it truly is. Americans believe that Kuwait is like what they see on the nightly news. It does not matter that the pictures are from Arab countries that are much more conservative than Kuwait. What matters is that Americans believe all middle eastern countries are the same. It is only when one visits do the stereotypes fade and the real Kuwait emerges. This blog will catalog my advetures and many readers, especially Americans, will discover a land filled with warm, friendly people that are worth knowing.

My hope is that this blog will be interesting and captivating. I think the prose may be a bit rough at first, but it should smooth out as I get a little more practice. So have a little patience and let's see what happens.

I, for one, am curious to see what happens next.

1 comment:

BiggestFan said...

This is great!!loved the pictures,
loved the prose...love all of you too...I watch the baby for your sister...it is a clue to who I am...
since I didn't want to put my name...
hugs and kisses...